Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
Hi guys :) I was going through my makeup drawers and I have several makeup items that I am just not using anymore/never used at all. I was going to sell these, but I thought doing a giveaway would be better! Most of these items I have never used, but the ones that I have used with be sprayed lightly with alcohol!
What you will be getting:
- 4 MAC Mineralized Blushes in Simmer, Warm Soul, Solar Ray, and Talk of the Town (Divine Night Winter 2013 Collection)
- 1 MAC eyeshadow Quad with the colors All Races, Tendersmoke, Lady Grey, and Hazy Day
- 3 NYX jumbo eye pencils in Strawberry Milk, Milk, and Black Bean
- 2 BH Cosmetics blush duos in Tulip & Iris
- Urban Decay NYC eyeshadow Palette
- BH Cosmetics 120 eyeshadow color palette 3rd edition
- Must be following me http://makeupcraves.tumblr.com/
- Must be 18 years or older, if younger you must have parents consent!
- Ends FEB. 21, 2014
- I will ship international :)
- You can reblog up to 10 times, each reblog is one entry
:) thank you guys again for all the love I get on here! Goodluck babies <3333
This is the last week everyone :) enter now!
"How the Media Failed Women in 2013," courtesy of Miss Representation. This is mind-boggling and you must watch it right now.
HOLY SHIT THIS IS UNREAL
Yulia Lipnitskaya is a 15 year old goddess
I watched her Schindler’s List performance today and she blew me out of the water.
the ending announcer omg
Saw her perform at Skate Canada about a year ago (she was phenomenal btw) and then she comes back at me from Sochi and she’s eVEN BETTER SO WHAT DO I CALL THIS PERFORMANCE?
you’ve never felt true rage until you heal yourself with your last fucking potion and two seconds later you hear donalds shitty ass fucking duck voice caw out SORA!!!! like thaNKS DONALD YOU PIECE OF SHIT DUCK THANK YOU FOR THAT THANKS